- Published on Thursday, 08 September 2011 17:28
- Hits: 2685
The Madhya Pradesh Rural Livelihoods Project ( MPRLP) :
MPRLP works to eliminate rural poverty by empowering rural households in nine mainlytribal districts of the state. MPRLP takes a bottom-up approach, facilitating, inspiring and guiding community-driven collective and individual action to reduce poverty through Gram Sabha (village assemblies).MPRLP improves the lives of the poor and vulnerable by routing funds through Gram Sabha to activities that communities have identified as important.MPRLPidentifies tests and proves new development options which can be taken up and applied by the government of India to improve the lives of the poor.
MPRLP is particularly concerned with improving the lives of women through broadening their social and economic participation.MPRLP works to strengthen the capacity of Gram Sabha to plan and manage resources, to ensure equitable distribution of funds, and to protect and promote the interests of the poor and vulnerable, paying particular attention to access to resources, information and services.
BISWA and MPRLP :
Operational areas under MPRLP-BISWA identified in green in Madhya Pradesh Map
BISWA is implementing the MPRLP project in 4 districts namely, Dindori, Shahdol, of the state with focus on organising Self Help Groups and strengthening Community Based Organisations (CBOs) with focus on livelihood promotion and the social development of the intervened communities.
- To mobilise the poorest and the women community into self governing bodies like SHGs,
- To build trust and a cohesive approach among these members to stand up their own and works towards a common goal of development,
- Economic empowerment of society by forming, educating and training SHGs for employment generation,
- Creating awareness among the women about the issues like Health awareness, Awareness about Sanitation, RTI Act etc.,
- Creating awareness about social security and social protection through rigorous capacity building training programmes and provision of various social security measures at an affordable rate to the poor people to mitigate their risk,
- Provision of skill-based training to the poor and backward people of the area –through a SHG mode,
- Strengthening infrastructure in villages to accelerate sustainable livelihood options through building successful micro as well as household enterprises,
- Improvement in access to livelihood support services, assets and employment leading to enhanced economic opportunities for the individuals, households and community groups or institutions,
- To bring the poorest of the poor and destitute families into financial fold and provision of social finance to the needy for their holistic development,
- Educating the mass about gender sensitization and good governance.
- Formation of cohesive Self Help Groups;
- Enhancement of skills and knowledge base of the SHGs
- Organization of Awareness Camps on Various Social Issues
- Need Assessment of the SHGs
- Need Assessment of Various Micro Enterprise Development Activities
- Establishment of Project Office and recruitment of staff
- Feasibility/ Diagnostic study of the area
- Initiation of proposal formulation for financial supports to the SHGs, formation and training of SHGs
- Organizing Health Camps
- Organizing workshops and SHG meetings on awareness creation, gender sensitization, child and maternal health, PRI and good governance, RTI, etc
- Cluster wise skill development
- Micro Enterprise development